Talk

Advanced search

Does anywhere sell size 6 plimsolls?

(15 Posts)
Runoutofideas Thu 11-Aug-11 12:17:57

DD2 (4 last week) starts school soon but has tiny feet. I need to find size 6 plimsolls. M&S, John Lewis and Clarks all seem to start at 7. I have some 7's from when dd1 started school but they are like boats on dd2! Any ideas?

mistressploppy Thu 11-Aug-11 12:19:52

You might find some in Primark!

Lovefruitsandvegs Thu 11-Aug-11 12:54:10

Jojomamanbebe sells canvas shoes for toddlers. I think Asda sells small sizes too.

Runoutofideas Thu 11-Aug-11 13:23:25

Thanks - they are supposed to be black. Could probably have got away with the navy Jojo ones but they are out of stock in a 6. Asda start at a 7 according to the website. Primark website doesn't say what they have and it's not that easy for me to get to. Thanks for trying though - any more suggestions?

circular Thu 11-Aug-11 13:26:26

Going back 10 or so years, but DD1 was a size 5, and we had Startrite plimsolls.

Here you go

Runoutofideas Thu 11-Aug-11 13:38:30

Perfect! Thanks Ben10

blackeyedsusan Thu 11-Aug-11 13:47:31

personally, I would send her in whatever pe type shoes you have with a note saying that when she has grown into size 7 you will be providing her with the regulation style. but I am a grumpy mummy of aa small boy who is starting nursery where uniform is supposed to be worn and small boy is still in size 18-24m trousers at age 3 <sigh>

BustyStClaire Thu 11-Aug-11 13:51:20

I had terrible trouble finding them, but Clarks ordered them in for me.

ballbreaker Thu 11-Aug-11 13:51:37

Barrats stock black plimsolls from size 4, retail at £4.

ThingOne Thu 11-Aug-11 13:57:31

I got some from Clarks a few years ago. They don't always stock them but they do make them. More expensive than normal daps but much better quality. Obviously worth the investment for the hour a week they wear them in the six months before they grow out of them. If you want mine they are for sale for not very much.

Runoutofideas Thu 11-Aug-11 15:55:18

Thanks everyone - I've now ordered the ones Ben10 linked to. At least they'll be cheaper once she's a size 7!
Blackeyed Ssan - I feel your pain re the small uniform. Have bought dd age 3 from M&S but it is too big for her. Also her shoes had to be the Startrite patent black baby shoes rather than school shoes so they've got flower bits on which dd1 (6) tells me are not allowed. Tough!

How sweet! I love teeny school children smile I used to sell school uniform in John Lewis and the weeny ones were my very very favourite.

stikmatix Thu 11-Aug-11 19:09:38

I saw some in Sainsburys for 2.50! They also had quite bit of small size uniform like 2-3 in a good variety of colours.

justcallmemummypig Thu 11-Aug-11 22:25:13

dd was a 6 when she started reception. Russell & Bromley sell size 6 plimsolls and they sell plain shoes from that size as dd isn't allowed patent at her school. Weren't cheap but we had no other option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now