Talk

Advanced search

Help me prepare my DS for first day - new area after separation

(5 Posts)
PeepToes Mon 08-Aug-11 23:45:54

Hi

My DS1 will start P1 next week and we have just moved to the area after separating from my H. Subsequently my DS hasn't been to this school, and I haven't a clue either! The school is shut til the day before term starts. Please give me some advice about what I should say to prepare him, and any other advice as well!

Thank you in advance!

An0therName Tue 09-Aug-11 09:27:40

my DS1 moved school in June we knew no- one. He was nervous but was fine. - I would perhaps go past it and point out thats where you are going. i would ring the school the day before and remind them he hasn't been before and doesn't know anyone, can you get uniform that day as well, and if you feel comfortable telling them it might be worth mention you are recently seperated just so they know the circumstance. Get there early - maybe arrange a treat for your DS that day. good luck

mummytime Tue 09-Aug-11 09:42:10

I'd also go to the local park and get chatting to Mums there. (Well it certainly works in England smile )

PeepToes Tue 09-Aug-11 23:12:10

Thanks, it's all so daunting as he's my eldest. I'm sure he'll be fine though!

NotEnoughTime Wed 10-Aug-11 20:16:55

Hope it goes well for him PeepToes.

I would second both of the posters above me and def go to the school a few times before he actually started and also the local pub park is a great place to meet other mums.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now