Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PTA Support

(3 Posts)
Kay14 Mon 08-Aug-11 13:47:05

I am planning to set up a new website offering support to PTA's. This is not to compete with the NCPTA site but to help with the more day to day items and save members valuable time. I will be providing template newsletters, financial statements, posters, flyers etc that can be personalised for each PTA. I am also planning to sell items to PTA's to take some of the time commitment and stress out of running a PTA such as lucky dips, wrapped gifts, prizes etc. I would really appreciate any feedback from PTA members if this is something they would find useful and if there are any other areas I could cover to make this a really helpful site.

PatriciaHolm Mon 08-Aug-11 14:46:24

I'm chair of our PTA.

Honestly, I can't see why I would use it. The NCPTA site has a wealth of information and help on it, including letter templates, posters, financial management help, welcome booklets for parents, etc, should I need it. Often we reuse stuff from previous years anyway so we are rarely starting from scratch.

I buy all the stuff we need for fairs from bulk buy suppliers anyway and I doubt you could undercut them as they would be your suppliers too.

PTA's don't have the money to join multiple sites for this type of thing, and I would imagine that most are already members of the NCPTA.

sorry not to be more positive.

Kay14 Wed 10-Aug-11 13:41:57

Thank you for the feedback. It's really useful to hear from PTA members if it's not likely to be of much use before I spend a lot of time and energy setting this up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now