Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Scottish mums - just over a week till school starts back!!

(9 Posts)
Seona1973 Mon 08-Aug-11 13:19:47

Is everyone organised yet? I have ironed labels into ds's new uniform and stuck names in shoes/on bags, etc. He is going into P1 this year and dd is going into P4. My baby is starting school - what am I going to do with myself?!

EuphemiaMcGonagall Mon 08-Aug-11 13:32:31

DD is going into P5 - only a few things left to label, then all set.

I'm right excited as I have some supply teaching lined up til Christmas - yayyyy! I just heard today - I had been dreading school starting back and sitting twiddling my thumbs.

BirdyBedtime Mon 08-Aug-11 13:39:14

Yup. Bought most of school uniform on t'internet as couldn't face shopping - got some bargains and free delivery. Need to get the Sharpie pen out and label everything. Luckily DDs shoes from last term still fit (although they need some serious TLC to get them looking half decent) and her school bag is still in great nick so she's not getting a new one. She's bored now and really needs to be back, although I have to say I think she's progressed more in reading in the last 5 weeks than the whole of the last 2 terms as we've been listening to her every day which we struggle to fit in during termtime. Wondering what new challenges P2 will bring.

NettoSuperstar Mon 08-Aug-11 13:42:33

Getting trousers on Saturday but everything else is done.
Dd's going into P6.

addressbook Mon 08-Aug-11 14:35:30

My ds starts P1 a week tomorrow. I am very tearful as me and his little sister are going to miss him so much.

Don't get me wrong I have had the usual trials of the summer holidays, he can drive me nuts! But he is my firstborn and it seems like the end of an era. I don't want him gone form 9-3pm everyday.

jubilee10 Wed 10-Aug-11 18:56:50

Hair cuts and shoes tomorrow and then we're ready!

Seona1973 Wed 10-Aug-11 19:37:08

we have got everything (I think!) but we are going away tomorrow until Monday so had to be organised early as we wont have much time when we get back to get things we have forgotten. Is anyone else's lo only getting 1 half day before going in full time? Ds is in 9.30am till 12pm on Wednesday and then 8.55am till 3pm from Thursday - he is going to be knackered!!

ln1981 Thu 11-Aug-11 18:42:43

Am actually doing better than i thought!!just got shoes and a cardi for dd still to get, then jumper and haircut for ds1. This is quite good for me i have to admit! dd is going into p.2 and ds1 into p.4-cant help wondering where the time has gone!!
My baby ds2 starts school next summer, and i just know its going to go in so fast!!

EuphemiaMcGonagall Thu 11-Aug-11 18:48:07

Haircut tomorrow, new shoe labels arrived today, and roll on Tuesday! DD is well fed up of my company. grin

Oh! And I have work lined up from the end of the month so yayyyyy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now