Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a child starting P1 in a couple of weeks?

(5 Posts)
bandgeek Fri 29-Jul-11 18:39:49

My DD (5) is due to start primary school in a couple of weeks and I'm actually starting to get nervous about it! Her brother is going into P2 so it's not like I've never done the whole starting school before, but DD can be a sensitive soul, and is very 'wilful'

I'm sure she will be fine but it's going to be a shock to her system.

Anyone else got DC starting school soon?

midnightexpress Fri 29-Jul-11 18:43:57

Mine! Like you, I have another going into p2, so went through it all last year with ds1, but ds2 is way more wilful and over-sensitive, and I am, frankly, anxious. We considered deferring (he's a Jan birthday) but decided against it, for various reasons so I won't be happy until he is happily settled in. He knows loads of the others in his class from nursery, but isn't really pals with anyone in particular.

Is your DD on half days to start with? We have a whole month of it so at least it's a reasonably gentle start.

bandgeek Fri 29-Jul-11 21:17:44

It's quite scary, isn't it? My DD didn't go to the nursery where the other kids are coming from so she doesn't know anyone. sad She knows most of the kids in DS's class though, and the funny thing is because of the composite classes, and the fact she is an April birthday so one of the oldest she should have been going into the same class as DS but the school made the decision to put her in a different class. It's good for DS that they have, and I know she will make friends in heedless eventually, but it wouldve been nice for her to go into a class with friends.

It's just the first 2 weeks that are half day here. Hopefully she will be fine at the end of that confused

Seona1973 Fri 29-Jul-11 21:18:35

ds (4 1/2) has just 1 half day and is in full time from day 2. (dd had half days till the september weekend so it is a big change - she will be going into P4).

jubilee10 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:55:42

Ds3 is going into primary one. Ds's 1 and 2 are both at secondary school now. He will start full days from day one which suits me as I work and he has been at the school nursery full time for the last 2 years. He is ready to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now