Talk

Advanced search

Current year meeting or new school?

(7 Posts)
Southernisle Thu 28-Jul-11 22:22:34

My dc is booked in to have a trial day at new school which is on the same day as the current school is having parents meeting to discuss this year's curriculum.

I would like to know what the curriculum is but don't know whether to send dh to take dc for trial day whilst I attend meeting or if we should both go for trial day and just miss meeting.

Any thoughts?

belledechocchipcookie Thu 28-Jul-11 22:23:51

If dc is moving schools then you don't need to attend the meeting. confused

Southernisle Thu 28-Jul-11 22:25:08

They will be for this academic year, it's the following academic year that they are moving.

belledechocchipcookie Thu 28-Jul-11 22:26:34

Ah, right. Is there someone else who can collect/drop off? You're not usually expected to stay with them all day. smile

SenoritaViva Thu 28-Jul-11 22:27:36

What age is your son? Do you need to attend the trial day, normally for secondary schools it is just the child that goes. If you need to be there then i'd split up, one go with son, one listen to curriculum.

Southernisle Thu 28-Jul-11 22:29:19

Not to stay (it's for going into year 3), but the meeting is 8.30-9.30 and I would have liked to go for the drop off, but dh won't go to the meeting, so I could send dh to drop him off, and I go to meeting.

SenoritaViva Thu 28-Jul-11 22:29:51

yes, do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now