Talk

Advanced search

Open invite to teacher's wedding service

(14 Posts)
Bronte Sun 24-Jul-11 17:07:13

Just thought what a nice touch at the end of term for my DD's class to all come home with an invitation slip welcoming them all to their NQT's wedding next week.

Hulababy Sun 24-Jul-11 17:16:25

That is lovely smile

EcoLady Mon 25-Jul-11 01:02:20

One fo our teachers did that last year. She'd taught DD for two years and was DS's teacher at the time. He was devastated when I pointed out that we'd be away on holiday :-(

SpottyFrock Mon 25-Jul-11 10:26:41

I gave an open invitation to the children at my school to come to the service. 20 kids in my class (all were asked but some away) sang as a choir for my service which made it really special.

emptyshell Mon 25-Jul-11 11:25:33

A former colleague did this - the service was then made somewhat interesting by the fact that the (human steamroller of a) Head then proceeded to stand in the aisle and conduct/encourage/chivvy on the singing!

One of our brownie leaders had all the brownie pack there at hers and has a set of wedding photos of her surrounded by them all.

sarahfreck Mon 25-Jul-11 11:46:55

I think this has been a tradition for a long while. My Mum offered an open invitation to children she taught to come to her wedding (and had a photo with them) and that was in 1959! I seem to remember children coming to my uncle's wedding too (his bride was a primary school teacher) though I was only 5 or 6 at the time and my memories are quite vague.

Groovee Mon 25-Jul-11 16:29:04

I got married in 1998 and lots of my 2-3's came to the wedding, (well the ones who weren't struck down with chicken pox as the day before they all seemed to come down with it) A lot of the children who had left too came to see me which was wonderful

DeWe Mon 25-Jul-11 19:30:14

DD's school choir is singing at their head's wedding this year. I think that's trumped you lot. grin

choppychopster Mon 25-Jul-11 21:58:51

That's lovely. When my 3rd year junior school teacher got married she invited all the class to come and we sang All Things Bright and Beautiful as a choir.

Galena Tue 26-Jul-11 20:37:02

I would have, but we were married 200 miles away from where I teach. My colleague did though which was lovely.

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 26-Jul-11 20:40:13

How lovely! When I was in secondary school my form teacher invited us all to her wedding ceremony - not the reception grin - at a church in a village just outside the town. I remember going with a group of friends and it being one of my first major excursions without parents/adults on public transport which we had to organise ourselves. It is a memory that has stayed with me. We were about 13/14 I think.

mumofsussex Wed 27-Jul-11 19:44:29

DD has been 'invited' to sing at the wedding of one of her teachers on Friday. She was asked months ago along with the rest of the choir and I agreed but asked for more details which DD finally gave me to day. The wedding is about an hours drive from our house and I have to drop her there, wait about 2 hours for her and then take her home. Not sure if it is nice or a bit of a cheek hmm

megkat Wed 27-Jul-11 19:47:08

Am I alone in thinking that's a bit odd???

Hmmmmm

MackerelOfFact Wed 27-Jul-11 19:55:06

My friend did this when I was her maid of honour. We were up until midnight the night before her wedding making little wedding-colour-matching sweetie bundles to hand out to the kids who might turn up. Loads did and my friend was so touched - it was lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now