Talk

Advanced search

Catholic School

(3 Posts)
betty123 Sat 23-Jul-11 14:34:16

My Ds is starting a Catholic primary school in September and I attend a evangelical c of e church, I really like the school because it is a lot more laid back than the local c of e school but I am just worried that it is going to be confusing for him going to Catholic school while attending a very evangelical church and how to deal with it?

leicestershiregirl Mon 25-Jul-11 18:11:22

My partner is a teacher at a Catholic school and from what he has said about his work I think any child from a practicing Christian family would feel comfortable there. Maybe you should ask the school about their specific religious policies/practices. At my partner's (secondary) school they do things like start the day with prayers and have assemblies led by the lay chaplain. It sounds like they're not afraid to talk about God, Jesus and the Bible but don't really discuss things unique to Catholicism, like confession and the concept of Mary as the Mother of God.

nappysan Thu 04-Aug-11 23:11:20

Lucky you and your child getting a place in a Roman Catholic school. have you read the school's mission statement or the R.E. policy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now