Talk

Advanced search

My DD's teacher was very thankful for a new Ferrari! We are so thrilled!

(19 Posts)
Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 22-Jul-11 09:58:57

Did not really know which present to buy for my DD's RY teacher. She is such a lovely teacher, pure angel. DD said her teacher often complained about her old Mini. So, we went to the car shop and bought her a brand new red Ferrari. We filled it in with cakes and wine for the staff. Do you think that she will like our Ferrari or should we have bought her a Lamborghini instead? It is a real headache for me. Why did not I seek your advise first!

DeWe Fri 22-Jul-11 10:16:12

Only wine? Surely best champagne only is appropriate for such a wonderful teacher. grin

blackeyedsusan Fri 22-Jul-11 10:19:55

yabu... all that stuff she has to cart around you needed to get something with a bigger boot.

Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 22-Jul-11 10:41:03

Wonderful teacher does not like champagne, only wine.
Damn, I have forgotten a Thank You card!

SandStorm Fri 22-Jul-11 10:42:49

You mean you didn't get personalised number plates 'THNX' so she can always carry round your gratitude? Half hearted effort there I'm afraid.

sassyTHEFIRST Fri 22-Jul-11 10:44:19

Hope you have remembered to organise the insurance too - very expensive on a ferrari..

AMumInScotland Fri 22-Jul-11 10:46:02

Oh dear, I really think you should have checked on here first. What sort of teacher is she? Are you sure you shouldn't have got her a Prius or one of the new Tesla electric sports cars. Have you considered giving her an annual allowance to pay for the petrol? And what about the carbon offsetting?

Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 22-Jul-11 10:47:50

Exactly SanStorm!
I wonder what will happen to Mini. Do you think she is going to sell it and give money to charity, e.g. school charity? She is not going to sell Ferrari. Why would anyone sell it?

Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 22-Jul-11 10:58:19

She has an enteprenour boyfriend. I am pretty confident he can afford the rest.
Now your questions give me more pain in my head. May be I should have gotten her a ticket to a spa or a Harrods voucher? It is all DD's fault. She would constantly moan about her teacher's old car. I am so (too) kind sometimes.

everlong Fri 22-Jul-11 10:58:33

Ha!

On ds last day of school there were lots of dior and selfridges bags from the children, I was a bit shock at this. I was dying to know what was in them.

NerfHerder Fri 22-Jul-11 11:00:10

Well- for Christmas make sure you get her a petrol card...

Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 22-Jul-11 11:01:33

Dior (a voucher, a perfume or a lipstick), Selfridges (pretty sure about caviar).
Clever parents.

SandStorm Fri 22-Jul-11 11:05:05

Well, in my experience, by the time the summer holidays come round teachers are generally knackered and need a good break. A secluded villa in Tuscany would go down a treat. Just remember flights and insurance too smile

wheresthepimms Fri 22-Jul-11 12:07:05

well my DSs teacher has been off for the last 3 weeks ill, so we had a little whip round among some of us more concerned parents and paid her BUPA bill for her, tickets for a round the world trip, insurance, spending money and gave the left over to the school for the supply teacher in Sept when she doesn't come back on time. What thoughtful parents we are smile

rabbitstew Fri 22-Jul-11 12:45:57

Look out for the lipstick, perfume and caviar in the Christmas Fair lucky dip. As for the Ferrari - said teacher will either have to sell it or dump her entrepreneur boyfriend for being less generous than you. You have opened a whole can of worms and dumped them on the Ferrari's back seat with the cakes and wine lake. And when she is done for drunk driving (and has an embarrassing mugshot taken of herself with cake crumbs around her mouth) she will have you to thank.

Holiday sounds a good idea, though - send her off without her family and give her the idea you want her out of the way.

auroraday Fri 22-Jul-11 15:16:03

I hope you got one for the TA too!

oddgirl Fri 22-Jul-11 15:23:17

We were going to buy something similar for DS teacher but then she refused to put him up 6 reading levels to ORT Level 678 so we just chucked a packet of jammie dodgers at her...

Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 22-Jul-11 17:31:43

rabbitstew, her long term boyfriend has finally proposed but she dumped him and went to live with her long term lover. Everyone in the staff room was drunk and/but grateful.

This morning my DH brought a nice present (a cake) for the wonderful teacher and TAs. He said our present looked best. My naive husband. There were already flowers and lots of bags. Oh, well, you never know what is in side of them. There could be a key to Ferrari or gifts from Dior and Selfridges.

Then you get a note you have not paid for a few dinners. How can I prove that we did? What an exchange of surprises.

megkat Fri 22-Jul-11 17:47:11

Love it. Wish soemone would buy me a present for doing my job

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now