Talk

Advanced search

Moving to North Hillingdon, Middlesex

(6 Posts)
ConfusedMummy07 Fri 22-Jul-11 09:13:54

Hi

Can anyone recommend an infant school in North Hillingdon? I am moving from Surrey would like personal recommendations if possible. Also, if anyone has any experince of the area then please so share it, whether it's good or bad.

Cheers

Eveiebaby Fri 22-Jul-11 20:29:11

Oak Farm infants is great - DD goes there but it is hard to get into you have to live really really close - it is all inclusive and supports kids with special needs very well so personally I think that says a lot about a school. It also has an outstanding ofsted report. I know some people are of the opinion that ofsted reports can be unreliable but I think in Oak Farms case they really are outstanding . I think Ryefield is not too bad - it has really come on in recent years but the headteacher has recently left so it's hard to say what it will be like in the future.

maypole1 Fri 22-Jul-11 20:49:12

Charville pr dr triplets in hayes avoid minet primary school

halterskalter Fri 22-Jul-11 22:40:37

How far north in Hillingdon? Coteford is in a gorgeous setting although no guarantee of a good education! You can also look at Cannon Lane if you are nearby, though technically it is in Harrow. Amazing school though. I live in Eastcote and love living here - moved three years ago having lived in Wimbledon, originally from Bradford. Eastcote, Pinner, Harefield etc are almost semi-rural in parts despite being London. Best of both worlds.

ConfusedMummy07 Sat 23-Jul-11 23:06:22

Thanks for your replies. I would be looking to move to North Hillingdon and was considering Oak Farm Infants and Ryfield. I'm not considering moving to Pinner or Eastcote (even though they are lovely areas) as I need to reduce my commute to work and wanted to be close to the motorway links.

Evie I've visited Oak Farm and I loved it! It's great that I'm getting such positive feedback about this school - thanks for posting :-)

Greenshadow Sun 24-Jul-11 16:57:12

I went to Ryefield primary, more years ago than I care to remember.

Had a great time there and learnt a lot - we moved between yr 5 and 6 and I was way ahead of most of the rest of the class at my new junior school. Had lovely large fields - hope they haven't been built on - and was in a lovely quiet area - I walked to school alone from a very young age.

No idea what it's like now though, so not really a lot of use I'm afraid but good luck with your decision.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: