Talk

Advanced search

Primary schools Chester

(8 Posts)
muskoka Thu 21-Jul-11 12:37:45

We are planning our move to chester this summer. Can anyone recommend a primary school in the city .

We have looked at Overleigh St Mary and Hoole CE. Would be grateful for any feedback.

kind regards

wheresthepimms Thu 21-Jul-11 17:01:39

we go to Guilden Sutton, but that is out of the city by 5 mins although depending on where you are there is a cycle route all the way to it. It is a lovely little school. I know friends who go to Hoole and also Mill View and say they are both nice. Which area of the city? so we can narrow it down.

Sorry can't be of more help but at least I bumped you.

admission Thu 21-Jul-11 22:44:57

Which year group are your talking about?
Places in chester primaries are in short demand, so if it is for an infant year group, you might have some problems getting a school place.
Overleigh is very popular as is Victoria infants (joining with St Thomas of Canterbury Junior in September to be a primary) and Belgrave. Other possibilities are Saighton or Huntington if you are thinking of living in Dee Banks and could drive there.

muskoka Sun 24-Jul-11 14:15:01

Hi Admissions

We will require a place in yr 4 for September. I am in contact with admissions chester, so we will have to see how we get on.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

oliandjoesmum Wed 03-Aug-11 13:19:31

I think Belgrave have Year 4 places because of peculiar set up of the school means there are 2 small classes in Year 4. Fantastic school, my youngest starting there in September, hoping DS2 will also be, but awaiting an appeal date. Some may not agree, but IMO Upton Westlea also really outstanding

admission Wed 03-Aug-11 15:43:33

It is correct that Belgrave does have two classes in year 4. Belgrave changed from being an infant school with a higher admission number to a primary school with an admission number of 30 in 2008. Those pupils who were infants when it was an infant school were allowed to continue at the school as it became a primary school. Hence the higher numbers in year 4, which is the last year with numbers above 30. But it is only year 4 that has an extra class and it would not be a good idea to assume that any admission appeals to year 4 would automatically be successful as there are two classes. The classes are in temporary mobile classrooms.

muskoka Thu 04-Aug-11 23:36:24

Thanks for the latest replies.

We have had an offer for my elder daughter from Bishops Blue Coat. Still waiting to hear on primary school place. Fingers crossed we are successful there too. Feeling anxious as it would great to get it sorted as September is fast approaching.

bye for now

muskoka Thu 25-Aug-11 10:19:44

Just a final update.

We have received confirmation of an offered place at Overleigh. Just hope that DD settles well, she is currently has mixed feelings about the move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now