Talk

Advanced search

dd got place 31 - appeal cancelled!! :)

(6 Posts)
Poppyella Wed 20-Jul-11 11:51:53

I just thought I would let those of you who have so kindly helped me with my appeal over the last few weeks that the county council called yesterday and said that I would not need to appeal to get dd in. They said that because the support of the headteacher to increase the class size to 31 for our dd was so strong and both she and the governors were happy to do this, we would not have to appeal, which was ear marked for Friday.

We are obviously absolutely delighted. Lots of stuff was said between us, the council and the head (one phone call between the LEA and the Head I heard as I happened to be in her office) and I'm not entirely sure how it all happened to be honest, but all is well that ends well and dd is SO happy.

So once again, many thanks for all your help and suggestions.

goinggetstough Wed 20-Jul-11 11:53:50

Great news! Enjoy your summer..

mummytime Wed 20-Jul-11 12:06:14

Congratulations!

admission Wed 20-Jul-11 18:04:21

The possibility is that the admission office did all the initial work that involved you being denied a place. However the person from the LA who is the presenting officer may not be from that department or it could have been the legal clerk who may have felt on reading the papers that the LA could not realistically win the case. Hence the change of heart.

Not that actually it is of any concern now of yours, you have the place that you wanted and that is all that matters.Well done.

chopchopquick Wed 20-Jul-11 19:16:23

You must be elated. I hope some of your luck comes our way.

Happy uniform shopping.

prh47bridge Wed 20-Jul-11 22:12:39

Excellent news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now