Talk

Advanced search

Yr3 DS is on level 2 for all his subjects.

(5 Posts)
Ormirian Tue 19-Jul-11 13:09:21

Which is pretty good considering he was on level 1 end of last year.

Maths (2c) is below expected levels which is no surprise and he will continue to get one-to-one in school. He find maths very hard to understand but he is at least putting some effort in now. The whole school thing seems to go over his head sometimes although he quite likes the art and all the other children and the school trips hmm

What is worrying me is whether he will be able to catch up over the next 3 years. Anyone got experience of a child that found his feet in yr4?

paddingtonbear1 Tue 19-Jul-11 13:20:14

Sorry, can't be any help but am watching with interest, as we are in the same position with dd. Her reading has really improved but she is still well below the expected level for writing and maths. She does have an IEP but not much 1-1 help, as far as I can gather. DH is trying to help her with maths. School don't seem that concerned really - her report said she was working below expected levels for her age, but when I spoke to her teacher she said she'd made good progress!
She also got level 1's in KS1 SATS. Tbh I'm not expecting her to catch up before yr 6. We did think about a tutor but school said she was too young.

Ormirian Tue 19-Jul-11 14:46:11

Thanks paddington.

it sometimes feels on here as if everyone else has produced only prodigies grin DS1 was slow to get started but was more advanced than this at this stage.

Riveninside Tue 19-Jul-11 14:52:34

going to watch too. dd has just scraped lvl 1 at the end of Y2. I know blind children take longer but I do wonder.

DaveGrohlsgirl Tue 19-Jul-11 14:58:46

Will mark my place. DD has just finished YR3 and is on level 1 most subjects apart from technology and PSCE (?)........she is however extremely happy and enthusiastic about everything (4s for that!)
Am now wondering whether there is a job out there for a girl who isn't at all good at anything but can be hugely enthusiastic and smiles alot grin

In all seriousness though, I am now attempting to have DD tested again in the autumn term for statementing. the last time we went through the process, she was just under what is required, so is on school action plus, but TBH I don't think that is enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now