Talk

Advanced search

Highfield Primary School and Wigton Moor Primary - which one?

(11 Posts)
Bind Sun 17-Jul-11 18:51:03

We have recently moved into LS17 and are in the middle between Highfield Primary School and Wigton Moor Primary School. We have heard good things about both and have to apply this year for our little one. Would be good to hear from people who know the schools or have kids there..

Anyone out there who can help us decide?

thanks!

NoWittyName Sun 17-Jul-11 21:24:41

I live right by Highfields and although I don't have a child there I have only heard good things about it.

If you've only recently moved into the area and need a hand with anything then just private message me. (I have and 8yr old and a 9month old).

SeeyouSoon Thu 20-Nov-14 15:24:04

Can I bump this please? These are our two nearest schools and we are completely torn between the two at the moment. Wigton Moor makes more sense logistically for various reasons but we prefer the atmostphere of Highfield from what we have seen of it.

simbacatlivesagain Thu 20-Nov-14 17:21:54

They are oversubscribed so you probably wont get a choice. Which one do you meet the admission criteria for? How far did the Highfield catchment in 2014 go from their door?

ThereisnoFinWay Thu 20-Nov-14 18:33:31

Wigton Moor is nearer, so we would get that one I think.

ThereisnoFinWay Thu 20-Nov-14 19:00:13

Oops forgot anonymising name change !

Anyway we are nearer wigton moor but highfield is our next nearest. Maybe I'm being naive thinking there was an element of choice then.

ThereisnoFinWay Thu 20-Nov-14 19:01:42

Sorry another thing, what do you mean by admission criteria? I thought once they'd find through siblings / cared for children etc they based it purely on distance? What other criteria do you mean?

simbacatlivesagain Thu 20-Nov-14 19:11:09

I meant looked after children, SEN, siblings. Then it is distance. Look how far the children were admitted from this year- that would give a fair indication but not science as numbers vary year on year.

Have you looked at Brodetsky? You dont need to be Jwsih to attend.

According to the Yorkshire Post - Khalsa is moving to Fir Tree as well. www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/court-battle-looms-over-leeds-council-s-free-school-handover-row-with-government-1-6851031

simbacatlivesagain Thu 20-Nov-14 19:12:05

Jewish - whoops spelling

ThereisnoFinWay Thu 20-Nov-14 19:17:57

Yes have heard good reports on brodesky but it's too far away for us I think, don't really want to cross the 61. Thanks for your help.

Feenie Fri 21-Nov-14 18:27:05

They apparently use schemes for everything at Brodetsky, regardless of where the children are at. That's not good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now