Talk

Advanced search

Sorry KS1 Sats again

(4 Posts)
york68 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:48:31

Dc has been awarded a sat level which I believe to be a little generous. I just wondered how much evidence needs to be provided to award a level. I can't help thinking that maybe the school has been a little too generous to make their figures look better. Dc move to a new school in year 5 so it doesn't affect their figures in the future. Or am I cynical?

AbigailS Sat 16-Jul-11 13:53:43

Even if the children move on after year 4 the school still has to track progress in years 3 and 4 so they are not doing themselves any favours by over stating results in year 2.
When you say "generous" what do you mean and what level do you think your child is? With a bit more information I might be able to make myself clearer and explain some more (Year 2 teacher!).

york68 Sat 16-Jul-11 15:03:23

Thank you. Has been awardend all level 3's. However, my concern is really with the writing element. I wolud have throught 2b or 2a would be more accurate. Obv I am no expert but having helped with comprehension homework I can see that he does find writing difficult. Plus hanwriting is really untidy.

waitawhile Sat 16-Jul-11 22:10:54

york68. I could have written your post. Without wanting to run my child down. I think that a couple of her scores are higher than I would have expected.

The grades we got were teacher assessment. I'm wondering whether to ask for the actual SAT's marks but then does it really matter.

Reasons I believe DD grades were generous were

writing: lack of complex sentences (perhaps she might surprise me) and connective. Sentence openers.
maths: number bonds, mental maths and money.

She mainly got 2a's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now