Talk

Advanced search

Should I worry about DD2's EYFS score and DD1's KS1 scores?

(4 Posts)
megkat Fri 15-Jul-11 22:52:27

I just got DD2's 1st school report and her EYFS score was 85. She's a November baby and I read somewhere that the average for an autumn baby is 105? Is that right? Most of her scores are 7's with a couple of 8's but she got 4 for writing.

She's a bright inquisitive girl but is reluctant to do school type work at home. And this may sound terrible, I really don't mean it as it may sound, but I alwys assumed DD2 was more academic than DD1 who scored 87 (I know that's not alot of difference).

DD2 just got end of KS1 report and is a level 2a in numeracy and science, and 3a in reading, 2c in writing - is this average also?

I hate these labelling systems but realise that they do have an effect on their future schooling sad

dragonmother Fri 15-Jul-11 22:59:35

3a in reading is great. 2a is above average and 2c a little below.

I would not compare the two girls' scores....different teacher? Different head moderating the scores in a different way. Could be lots of reasons and it's simply not healthy to compare. 7s are great. These scores are a load of balloney in some schools though so take with a pinch of salt.

megkat Fri 15-Jul-11 23:03:21

I know I'm trying really hard - it was simply curiosity and I would never ever let on to either of them that I had looked at the scores in that way - it just challenged my assumptions iykwim??

coccyx Sat 16-Jul-11 00:11:48

Don't think EYFS has an effect on future schooling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now