Talk

Advanced search

Key Stage 2 levels...WTF do they mean...(I need to go back to school!)

(7 Posts)
fizzfiend Thu 14-Jul-11 23:57:29

Hope you can re-direct me to a website....just received dd's report. Pretty average all round but Level 7 in art which seems madly high....I want to boost her flagging confidence with this fact, but can't for the life of me find one that tells me about levels, except that level 4 is expected in year 6.

Would love your brilliant insight MN!

tHANKS

ragged Fri 15-Jul-11 00:03:52

Is it a typo? (harhar)
What year is she actually in?

LawrieMarlow Fri 15-Jul-11 00:05:56

I didn't think that levels were given for subjects other than Englush, Maths and Science at KS2 but am happy to learn otherwise.

fizzfiend Fri 15-Jul-11 14:23:17

Haha Ragged...that's exactly what I thought at first!

She's just finished year 6. Well at least I know it's good....maths is a whole different subject (ooh nice pun!)

letthembe Fri 15-Jul-11 20:37:29

We assess and level all subjects at the end of each unit, but only report English and Maths to parents. I think it would cause far too much angst and confusion.
Is she good at art? Or creative? If she is, then level 7 is possible as a GAT pupil. Rare but possible.

Feenie Fri 15-Jul-11 21:15:51

Wow, am in awe of level 7 Art at primary school. Would probably scrape a 3c myself. blush

LawrieMarlow Fri 15-Jul-11 22:25:38

Now that DS is 7 I have decided that having felt my art was at about a 7 year old level that I am probably right. If I were performing at 2b level I would be quite impressed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now