Talk

Advanced search

Schools in Hackney

(4 Posts)
tessagresham Tue 12-Jul-11 17:29:23

Please any advice greatly appreciated because I don’t know where to begin.
We are moving from Surbiton where my son has been attending a Montessori nursery and loves it.

trifling Tue 12-Jul-11 19:48:35

Have a look in previous threads. Most are ok, some are great. Most have very small distances to get into - Learning Trust website gives the details. I'd say pick of the bunch of non-religious ones are Lauriston and Grasmere. In N16 Betty Layward and William Patten remain v popular tho have had bad ofsteds recently.

tessagresham Fri 15-Jul-11 13:24:25

Thanks so much very helpful x

Fiendarina Wed 31-Aug-11 09:26:48

I also emphasise the tiny catchment areas for the most popular schools, so if you do fancy a particular school you'll have to be really careful about where you choose to live.
For 2010/11 reception entry for example, distance from school was 0.13 miles for Grasmere, 0.183 miles for William Patten, 0.243 miles for Betty Layward and 0.372 miles for Lauriston. It will vary every year depending on how many places are left after siblings and other priority categories are allocated places. It's measured as the crow flies, and you can plug postcodes into www.freemaptools.com/distance-between-uk-postcodes.htm to get an idea.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now