Talk

Advanced search

MindLab

(6 Posts)
MollieO Mon 11-Jul-11 20:02:00

Ds has the opportunity of doing this in yr 3 at £80 a term. Is it worth it? Seems like expensive board games to me or am I missing something?

Parietal Mon 11-Jul-11 20:07:17

Do you have a web link to tell us what it is?

MollieO Mon 11-Jul-11 21:40:19

Here it is. Not sure it makes understanding it any clearer. I'm interested to hear from anyone whose dcs do it and what they think of it as an at school, but after school, activity.

IndigoBell Tue 12-Jul-11 10:04:11

My child did something similar to it (but it was free) ( ie an afterschool G&T program that involved playing games) - and apparently (according to the teacher) it improved his social skills grin

i.e. she thinks he made friends in the group which he hadn't made in class.

I think £80 sounds an awful lot for you to have to pay.

Parietal Tue 12-Jul-11 19:41:40

Doesn't look useful to me. Website claims it was tested by a Yale professor but if you look on his website, he is a politics prof (not education or psychology) who invented some of the games and presumably makes money from them. I wouldn't pay.

MollieO Wed 13-Jul-11 17:35:40

I hadn't thought about it being expensive. £8 per hour for an activity is cheap compared to some of the other things he does. I'm going to let him have a go for a term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now