Talk

Advanced search

Thank you letter to school - teachers, what would you prefer / have most impact?

(3 Posts)
dietcokeandwine Mon 11-Jul-11 15:05:23

DS is due to leave his school later this month and we'd like to write a letter to thank his teachers and SENCO for everything they have done for him - he's had a great year this year (after a tough time in reception/Y1) and has come on in leaps and bounds both academically and in terms of confidence. We have been really pleased and would like to acknowledge it outside of the usual end of term gift etc.

Question is though - who best to address letter to? To the teachers concerned and copied to head/governors? Or, actually, would it have more 'clout' if I were to write to the head directly and copy DS's teachers in? Or would either approach make the point equally well?

Ideally, I'd like to write to the teachers, partly because I am not a massive fan of the head and don't really want to write a thank you letter to her as such - let's just say she's good in many ways and not so good in others. But if a letter to her would have more 'wow' factor than a letter to the teachers copying her in, then I'd do it...

SE13Mummy Mon 11-Jul-11 17:06:19

As a teacher I'd like any such letter to be addressed to me and copied to the Head & CoG.

mumofboy Mon 11-Jul-11 17:19:47

Agree with SE13.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now