Talk

Advanced search

is it bad

(9 Posts)
loosinas Fri 08-Jul-11 20:48:55

not to have a report at the end of reception.. we've not had a report all year.. have had two parents evenings but would like to know his strengths and weaknessess on the EYFS profile before year 1

mankyscotslass Fri 08-Jul-11 20:53:11

We don't get our reports til next week, probably Friday. We finish on the followingi Thursday. DS is also in Reception.

Maybe your school will do this too?

newportstateofmind Fri 08-Jul-11 20:55:50

Teachers have a legal responsibility to report children's progress to parents. Not sure whether this has to be a written report or can be verbal though. But you should definitely have something.

Dnomaid Fri 08-Jul-11 20:56:44

It is a legal requirement that the school report to you your child's attainment across the 6 areas of learning. They must also make profile scores available.

blackeyedsusan Fri 08-Jul-11 21:16:18

where does it say they must maake profile scores avilable? (officiaal documentation. need to know because I would like to see dd's profile.

blackeyedsusan Fri 08-Jul-11 21:17:01

ooo smile

sittinginthesun Fri 08-Jul-11 21:19:46

I have a boy in year 2. We've had annual reports but never ever been told any levels etc. Quite like it, as impossible to compare against any if his classmates, but I do feel a bit left out when everyone is chatting about it in MN. smile

Feenie Fri 08-Jul-11 21:22:23

Legal doc here

Feenie Fri 08-Jul-11 21:23:22

It's a legal requirement to report the end of Y2 assessment to parents in England and Wales state schools. See above document.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now