Talk

Advanced search

funding grants help!!!!

(6 Posts)
mamagmama Fri 08-Jul-11 09:49:53

Hi Everyone
Could I trouble all da yummy mummys for some advice?
My baby daughter has been accepted into a dream school and we cannot afford the fees, no bursary is available till age 7.
Can anyone realistically, please, lean me towards any real opportunities for some sort of funding?
My daughter is a bright, focused coming up to 3year old who happens to be mixed race. If this helps in any way, then great!
I have swam through the ocean of online opportunities, which ultimately lead to nothing, if you have no real knowledge of what really leads to a proper chance at something!
HELP and BIG LOVE AND ENERGY TO ALL MOTHERS!!!
XXXXXX

GypsyMoth Fri 08-Jul-11 09:52:42

Eh?

Why not pay the fees yourself as there is no bursary?
And what is a 'dream school'??

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 08-Jul-11 14:19:33

Why would you apply to a fee paying school if you cant afford the fees? Sheer madness and you are unlikely to convince anyone that your three year old is so bright that they should fund her.

Bananamash Fri 08-Jul-11 14:24:09

Why would you apply to a school when you knew you couldn't afford it for a further four years? I'm sure it won't endear the school to you to mess them about.

And what has being mixed race got to do with anything? hmm

asdx2 Fri 08-Jul-11 15:38:45

The vast majority of three year olds are very endearing.However the school would take really awful three year olds so long as their parents could fund. At three it is the money rather than the child that secures a placement.

If you can't afford it you will need to look for maintained provision I'm afraid.

macaroni2 Sat 09-Jul-11 21:25:47

If the bursary is available from 7 then why not either ask for them to hold a place until then (which I imagine is unlikely but it's worth a go, particularly if they really do think she's exceptional) or why not wait until then to go to the school and obtain a bursary at that time? If your child's exceptional now, it's unlikely she'll lose it in the 3 years she's at a maintained school and it'll give you time to save up too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now