Talk

Advanced search

year 3, 4 and 5 reports

(10 Posts)
skybluepearl Thu 07-Jul-11 22:32:34

so did anyone get actual levels? i just wanted to know how she was doing in a little bit more detail. we just got a very vague report with tick boxes - either working towards/at expected level/working above expected level. have parents at end of eve next week and am thinking of asking for her actual levels but wonder if this might seem a bit pushy.

skybluepearl Thu 07-Jul-11 22:37:25

due also to get year 3 sons report this week. hope we have more detail grades wise but wonder if report maybe a little vague like my SD's.

merrymonsters Thu 07-Jul-11 22:46:49

The reports for my sons in years 1 and 3 both had actual NC levels in their reports for maths, reading, writing and science. Otherwise, there were ticks for various subjects for below average/average/above average. There were also grades for effort.

I don't think it's pushy to ask about levels. It's a perfectly reasonable question.

Feenie Thu 07-Jul-11 22:49:25

They only have to legally report levels at the end of Y2 and Y6. It's not pushy to ask though. smile

signet Thu 07-Jul-11 22:54:46

My son's report had his levels on in year 4, also had them last year in year 3. I would ask for them if they're not on the report. Having said that, DH told me I was pushy because I asked at the last parent's evening what my daughters expected levels would be in her SATs this year. blush

2kidsintow Thu 07-Jul-11 23:06:30

Does your school have the reports follow-up parents' evening that ours does? If so, I don't think it is pushy to ask for their levels. If they are in y4 or 5 then you could also consider asking about their CATs test results. Lots of counties have their schools do these. They give a prediction of the level that your child should achieve at the end of year 6. I had to go in and ask for these results for my daughter as they don't share them routinely, although my school does.

lovecheese Fri 08-Jul-11 08:25:07

I ask. I'm PITA bolshy.

IShallWearMidnight Fri 08-Jul-11 08:29:38

I've just had DD3s report (Y4) - I've got teacher assessmernt levels, (optional) SATS levels, target levels for Y5 and Y6 and pages of "this is what I can do now, this is what I need to work on next" stuff. Then at parents evening her teacher will explain why the test and TA levels are different, and do the "DD3 is a pleasure to teach/bloody nightmare in the class actually" chat.
It's the most comprehensive reporting i've come across tbh.

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 08-Jul-11 08:44:20

Yes, we get levels mid-year and at end of year. And comparison with target levels for the year. And progress since beginning of year.

This is not a "SATs factory" style school, but we are in an area with a history of poor attainment, where the Head is doing everything she can to get the children to aim higher. So their monitoring of attainment is very, very detailed and she believes in sharing the info with us. Which seems good to me.

skybluepearl Fri 08-Jul-11 10:20:07

Thanks girls, I'm going to ask at parents eve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now