Talk

Advanced search

Teacher share

(5 Posts)
Foxy800 Wed 06-Jul-11 19:32:39

Dd is moving into yr one in September and we have found out there will be 2 teachers so I presume a job share. Dd has additionial needs and I was just wondering if anyone had experience of their child in a class with 2 teachers and how it works. Sure it will be fine but just wondered .

skybluepearl Wed 06-Jul-11 19:37:06

as long as communication is good it should work well. two minds are better than one when working to support a student I'm sure.

Elibean Wed 06-Jul-11 19:53:33

dd will have two teachers in Y3 next year - no current experience, but friends with children in this year's Y4, who do have a jobshare, say its worked briliantly. Some prefer one teacher, others prefer the other, but they communicate well so there is continuity.

alana39 Wed 06-Jul-11 20:15:29

DS1 had 2 teachers job sharing in reception and year 3 (this year).

Our experience both times has been excellent - but then all the individual teachers were excellent so not really a surprise.

They need to communicate well for it to work, but IME this happens because teachers who jobshare are doing so by choice so they want to make it work. Both times we've experienced it there were added benefits - for example one teacher who liked teaching maths more doing most of the numeracy sessions, another who is more sporty having the PE days.

Foxy800 Wed 06-Jul-11 20:29:48

Thank you for your positive responses. Im sure it will all work well. Again thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now