Talk

Advanced search

DD starts reception in September, am I going to be a changed woman in a years time?!

(3 Posts)
mintyneb Tue 05-Jul-11 16:34:15

At the moment, I live in blissful ignorance of all things to do with primary education. Phonics, blending, ORT, book bands, levels etc mean nothing to me and life is good!

I am competitive by nature but am more than happy that like all children, DD has a wide spread of talents and abilities, some of which are 'better' than her peers and some are not.

I have been reading this section for a while now (its been great for helping me to chose the right school for DD so thank you!) but I can't help but wonder am I going to turn into a competitive mum, obsessed by all the things mentioned above or is it possible to maintain the same sense of proportion that I am happy with now?!

lovecheese Tue 05-Jul-11 16:54:26

Give it a couple of weeks and you will be obsessing posting questions about reading levels like the rest of us...wink

mintyneb Tue 05-Jul-11 16:57:31

2 weeks shock so soon?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: