Talk

Advanced search

How many times a year do have a parent teacher evening?

(16 Posts)
curtaincall Tue 05-Jul-11 14:08:54

1, 2, 3 or more?

LawrieMarlow Tue 05-Jul-11 14:09:52

At DC's school there are parents evenings around October and March and then reports in July. But you can always discuss things with teachers if you need to at other times.

GooseyLoosey Tue 05-Jul-11 14:10:48

twice. Never anything useful said at them. I find any useful discussion with teachers takes place at other meetings where I have more time to talk to them.

lovecheese Tue 05-Jul-11 14:46:17

2 formal parent's evening, 1 informal evening post-reports.

mankyscotslass Tue 05-Jul-11 15:16:06

I informal meet the teacher evening in October, one formal parents evening in March.

crazygracieuk Tue 05-Jul-11 15:53:00

3. After Oct half term, after feb half term and after reports in summer term.

MM5 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:04:26

2 times.... once in Oct/Nov. and then again in Feb/March and then school report in July.

dragonmother Tue 05-Jul-11 20:39:55

How many minutes are you all allocated for each parents evening meeting?

magicmummy1 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:47:03

One in October and one in February (ten minute slots for each child) and informal open evenings in July after reports. They also do a couple of curriculum evenings each year, and we can make appointments with the teacher at any time of the year if we need to.

roisin Tue 05-Jul-11 20:49:09

twice a year in primary.
twice in yr7
once in yrs8-11

whoknowswho Tue 05-Jul-11 20:50:29

3 here too! One "settling in" one in Oct. One in Feb and one after the reports in July. We are allocated ten minutes per child and that seems to be enough you can always ask for an after school one to one with the teacher if you need more time.

mankyscotslass Tue 05-Jul-11 20:55:00

We get 5 minutes.

curtaincall Wed 06-Jul-11 15:50:04

Our reports come through after term ends so no chance to discuss things we've read. Have requested discussion before they break up as so much water has gone under the bridge since Feb/March..

Takver Wed 06-Jul-11 16:51:52

One - in October, just before half term. You can however ask for meetings if needed any time (or indeed be summoned in . . . ).

Since we've yet to get through a year without at least one supplementary 'chat', the timing doesn't really bother me, but TBH I don't think the timing is great - it hardly feels like the children have been in the class any time.

We get reports at the end of the school year, generally a day or so before they break up. Similarly, I don't think the timing is great - there's not really any opportunity to raise anything that comes up (like, for example, "did you really mean to grade my child at a level 3 in writing when she struggles to put more than 3 words on paper" - we did establish that it was a typo, but I never did find out whether the other gradings were intended or not.)

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 06-Jul-11 16:58:37

One in Oct, one in Feb, ten minutes per child. An informal 'open evening' after the reports come out.

Hulababy Wed 06-Jul-11 18:04:43

At DD's school:

One full parent's evening in Spring term.

Then there is an optional one in Autumn and Summer temrs, after grades/reports have gone out - time to discuss anything on the report if you feel the need. No expectation to go, it is just on an individual basis.

Open House policy rest of the time anyway so any problems you can go in and speak to a teacher as and when you need to.

There's also a curriculum evening each September where all staff go and all arents are invited.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: