Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy school uniform?

(17 Posts)
Izpie Tue 05-Jul-11 11:17:44

Ok so I know it's the end of the school year but my dd1 is starting in reception in September and I want to get her uniform quite soon. I know lots of places sell uniforms really cheaply, which is brilliant, but I don't want to buy clothes that fit badly or don't last long. So which shop or supermarket you think offers good quality without costing too much?

Thanks- can't believe my little girl is starting school......

EldonAve Tue 05-Jul-11 11:31:24

M&S is usually pretty good

sittinginthesun Tue 05-Jul-11 13:44:54

M&S

PestoCaffeinisto Tue 05-Jul-11 13:46:00

M&S, Asda & NEXT directory.

iklboo Tue 05-Jul-11 13:46:25

M&S
Asda (DS's Asda stuff has lasted him the whole school year without sign of damage)
Tesco

LawrieMarlow Tue 05-Jul-11 13:46:50

I get some from Sainsburys, some from the next door but one neighbour, some from ebay and some from Asda I think. May have got polo shirts from Tesco at some point.

donnie Tue 05-Jul-11 13:47:32

M & S

piratecat Tue 05-Jul-11 13:47:50

asda online

MayorNaze Tue 05-Jul-11 13:48:30

m&s

or sainsburys

oneofthosedays Tue 05-Jul-11 13:52:34

Another vote for M&S and Sainsbury's, both fab.

blackeyedsusan Tue 05-Jul-11 21:09:32

asda and tescos were good. try asking school if they have a second hand uniform sale. we get our logo jumpers from there.

mrsmerryberry Wed 06-Jul-11 16:31:27

I am a bit baffelled, why don't people get the uniforms from the uniform shops? I was given a price list for the local uniform shop near by and the prices seem to be the same as the supermarkets.

whoknowswho Wed 06-Jul-11 16:56:26

I buy trousers and skirts from M&S or Next and shirts and blouses always from M&S the non iron ones are super! All the rest of our uniform has to come from the school supplier and is very pricey - £22.00 for a jumper (6 yr old) although I must say they are very good quality!!

EldonAve Wed 06-Jul-11 17:41:51

mrsmerryberry - our uniform shop is John Lewis but I supplement with M&S as it's cheaper

M&S, Asda, Sainburys.

John Lewis is the worst stuff I have ever bought.

muddyangels123 Wed 06-Jul-11 18:01:46

M&S, BHS, John Lewis & Debenhams.

I have stopped buying supermarket as my DD stains/wrecks them within weeks.
I have to buy DD Generous fit (elasicated) trousers, due to bloating (IBS), and the only place i've found them is BHS.

appplepie Wed 06-Jul-11 18:12:56

Hello,
We start in spetember and after asking loads of people and looking on website etc we got stuff from M and S. They do a fantastic pleasted skirt which is a longer length (found other are too short - mad i sound prude but you know what I mean) here They have 20% off and free delivery at the moment. They arrived yesterday and are really nice. Adjustable waists are really comfy.

Also... a friend recomended 'taggits'. Arm probs mean I can;t iron or write and these mean i can get name tags and just tag them onto labels. Dead easy and I think I paid less than a fiver for 100 pins and 100 labels.

Are you looking forwad to school? DD had her visit today and was very excited about the big white telly you could also write on... hee hee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now