Talk

Advanced search

Mixed year 2/3 classes!

(4 Posts)
year2mum Mon 04-Jul-11 21:26:08

My Ds has been in a mixed year 1/2 class for 2 years and is due to move to year 3 in September. School have decided to keep this class together so it will be a year 2/3 class. This mixed class arrangement has worked well over the last 2 years but I am unsure about keeping them together for another year!
Do any mums have any experiences of mixed Year 2/3 classes as it is totally new to me - surely they have totally different educational needs as one year is primary and one year is junior age?

mrz Mon 04-Jul-11 21:29:59

I've taught a mixed 2/3 class and it isn't really different

spanieleyes Mon 04-Jul-11 21:50:26

I've done the same, they don't grow an extra head overnight, honest! The teacher will know them well and will be aware of their strengths and weaknesses. Children will be working on objectives matched to ability, just as they are in a 1/2 class.

Taffeta Mon 04-Jul-11 21:52:38

DS has been in a mixed Y2/3 class this year ( he's Y2 ) and its been fine. Only ishoo has been school discos and clubs which are split by Key Stage, so he ends up being separated from most of his class ( only 8 Y2s to 22 Y3s in the class ).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now