Talk

Advanced search

what can i buy you ??

(5 Posts)
loosinas Mon 04-Jul-11 10:53:21

ive ordered the staff in my sons class a smallish oxfam unwrapped gift to thank them for alltheir hard work this year... what little something would you want to go with that ? i need to buy for the teacher and the key person and the other TA.. do i differentiate between the different members of staff or buy them all the same ?? help !!

Elibean Mon 04-Jul-11 11:00:04

Either all different, or all the same - doesn't matter!

I've given oxfam unwrapped (linked to education) too - with small gift attached. Nice combo smile

loosinas Mon 04-Jul-11 11:02:08

ive read the other post about gift and im still thinking argh ? a lot seemed to want wine but then if they dont drink does it really suck to get wine ??? i really dont know !

Elibean Mon 04-Jul-11 11:09:02

Our class tends to have a collection for end of year presents, as opposed to Christmas or Easter. And my dd1 likes 'making a book' (ie uploading photos taken during the school year, and dictating bits about them all - I do it online) as her present to her teacher.
But personally, I don't give wine - unless I know a teacher likes it.
Tbh, I think from the threads it doesn't matter too much what you give as long as you put a 'thank you' card with it smile

Scholes34 Mon 04-Jul-11 13:30:13

Wine is easily pass-on-able if the teacher doesn't like it, or easy enough to open when friends call round. Certainly not a wasted gift.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now