Talk

Advanced search

Oxford Reading Tree - read at home level 6 onwards

(14 Posts)
MrsFogi Fri 01-Jul-11 21:43:32

I bought stages 1-5 at a bargain price with the Book People along with the Songbirds series. Where can I pick up the next levels? I am not having much luck finding them online.

HooverTheHamaBeads Fri 01-Jul-11 21:52:16

We got level 10 and 11 Time Chronicles from The Book People they have been brilliant.

simpson Fri 01-Jul-11 22:00:43

Oooh thanks for that grin

Was wondering the same thing as DS is now on level 9.

simpson Fri 01-Jul-11 22:01:19

Also are they "read at home" books or are they likely to get the same books from school???

waitawhile Fri 01-Jul-11 22:12:18

Just bought the Time Chronicles and then DD just told me they did one for guided reading. Typical.....

lovecheese Fri 01-Jul-11 22:23:08

simpson - don't think the ORT police will be after you if you x with school's books.

simpson Fri 01-Jul-11 22:39:27

lol no but DS will get bored and tbh am not going to waste the £££ if he will get them from school too iyswim. <<tightwad>>

MrsFogi Sat 02-Jul-11 00:12:42

Thanks for all the replies. I have finally found them - amazon or oup websites. HammaBeads was your dc level 10-11 when you got these?

MigratingCoconuts Sat 02-Jul-11 08:32:31

how about this online library borrowing service? I've not used it myself but the beauty of it is that you can borrow books at the right level for DC

reading chest

MigratingCoconuts Sat 02-Jul-11 08:39:11

oh, and that the DC can choose the books on line and then be very excited about receiving post!

PegPolkadot Sat 02-Jul-11 08:46:48

What about eBay? There seems to be a Market for them secondhand so presumably you could sell them on again when you've finished with them.

lovecheese Sat 02-Jul-11 09:09:11

simpson, Have had 2 DC's go through the horror that is (earlier) ORT so far and neither of them has ever brought a "Read at Home" book home from school, I don't think they stock them.

simpson Sat 02-Jul-11 10:22:59

lovecheese - I also hate the Biff & Kipper books with a passion blush But unfortunately DS(5) loves them hmm <<sigh>>

<<off to buy Time Chronicles>>

HooverTheHamaBeads Sat 02-Jul-11 13:23:22

MrsFogi No she wasn't. She has read up to stage six but now the books she brings home from school are all different books (not ORT), I think they have 'free choice' or something. DD1 is a very good reader though but not at stage 10/11. We have read them together, done a page each and have taken turns.

Great value from The Book People and you can click via Topcashback as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now