Talk

Advanced search

appeal timescales

(4 Posts)
clarence1972 Wed 29-Jun-11 21:19:58

I still havnt received a date for our appeal, despite the cut off for it being lodged was 10th may.

I understand that all primary appeals should be held within 40 days which is not going to happen.

all i have received is an aknowledgment saying that we will be sent a date and given 14 days notice.

I am getting increasingly fed up and stressed about it and just want a resolution!!

Is there anything i can do/ say to anyone to speed things up before i go loopy??

prh47bridge Wed 29-Jun-11 21:50:42

The rule is 40 school days. Weekends and school holidays don't count. They are running very close to the deadline but they haven't missed it yet. Unfortunately there is no real come back if they do miss the deadline unless you can show that you have been disadvantaged in some way.

admission Wed 29-Jun-11 23:07:07

I would agree with PRH and add that there is nothing to stop you ringing up or emailing the admissions offcie and asking them what the situation is as you appear to have only about three weeks before the end of term - most LAs do not hold appeals during the summer hols.

clarence1972 Thu 30-Jun-11 17:00:24

Thanks guys, i guessed there might be little i could do!

I have rung ... no luck, person i spoke to didnt know anything! and emailed but expect i will wait the standard 2 weeks for a reply as i have for every other email i have sent!

oh well, another thing to add to the list of complaints i have about the handling of the whole process!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now