Talk

Advanced search

Royal Russell School

(5 Posts)
wantsthebest Wed 29-Jun-11 13:07:22

Anyone have any ideas on Royal Russell prep school? i am trying to find prep school sfor my daughter or state primaries in Croydon - i want to eventually get her to teh wallington grammar

LIZS Wed 29-Jun-11 14:48:29

Friend's dc have been there and seem to like it. However I'd suggest it probably isn't the most academic of options and if you have aspirations towards 11+ it may not be the best choice as they will want them to go onto their senior school.

BigBadBear Wed 29-Jun-11 15:32:35

I'd agree with LIZS - I know several children who go there.

No guarantees for Wallington Grammar, I'm afraid. Anyone can apply at the moment, so they get around 40 applications per place and give them to the top performers, regardless of where they live or have been to school.

There are some excellent state primary schools in Croydon LEA though - where do you live?

wantsthebest Wed 05-Oct-11 14:54:18

I am in east croydon...I heard about Park HIll - and went to see Croydon High recently - dont want to pay from 4 yrs for private (as very expensive esp if have naotherc hild will have to take her out).....

which excellent state primaries you thinking?

SomekindofSpanish Wed 05-Oct-11 17:49:56

Park Hill is a very good school.

Wallington Grammar is a boys school. Do you mean Wallington Girls? It is very difficult to get into there. As someone else said, they take the cream of the applicants from wherever. Doesn't mean you can't try, though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now