Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

EYFS

(3 Posts)
zlaya Tue 28-Jun-11 12:14:51

Hi, anybody out here knowledgeable about eyfs, I read my DD's learning journal and I don't understand it at all, apologise in advance i am sure you probably answered those type of questions before. I understand that they are different categorise, but i don't understand where the child should be at the end of reception year, in DD's journal last record was for spring term, DD is on column 9 for PE, one or two 5's some 7's i am sorry i can't be more precise, I don't have the journal in front of me, those are the questions; what does it mean?, is DD where she should be? any help appreciated.

knitwitter Tue 28-Jun-11 14:29:18

Hi, by the end of reception children are expected to be around 6 for each part of the profile. They have to get 1, 2, and 3 in order, then can achieve 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 in any order, but must have achieved all 8 to be awarded a 9, which is roughly level with National Curriculum Level 1. Hope that helps.

zlaya Tue 28-Jun-11 15:15:45

Thanks, knitwitter so that explains why DD is on different levels in different profiles, they don't have to be in order from level 4 right?, many thanks for that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: