Talk

Advanced search

Anyone living in Epsom and Ewell that could give me some advice?

(5 Posts)
Smyley Tue 28-Jun-11 11:52:33

We are planning the big move from London to the Epsom area... are we doing the right thing? We are looking for green spaces, good community spirit, good schools and somewhere where my little girl (5 months) can grow up happily. Is Epsom and Ewell a nice friendly place where we'll meet lots of nice people? I'd love to hear from anyone in the area and to hear whether you like it and why.

crazygracieuk Tue 28-Jun-11 12:43:46

It's a great place to live and I would choose to live there if we had a bigger house budget. The best secondary schools are Rosebery for girls and Glyns for boys so if you can live near them then your children would get a fab education. Shopping is better in Kingston but personally I'd chose to live in Epsom over Kingston.

Smyley Tue 28-Jun-11 16:31:35

Thanks Crazygracieuk. Where do you live?

Lonnie Tue 28-Jun-11 16:48:31

Epsom is a good suburb area move from London. IMO it doesn't have enough green areas and this is the reason we moved from there 3 years ago. But if you currently live in London I think you will love it. Have a search on this board there are several threads about the schools there. Wallace fields dwell castle and cutting ton croft the favourite state schools I would also look at stoneleigh and ewell as places to move to both close to Epsom a nd sometimes cheaper housing.

Smyley Wed 29-Jun-11 10:19:32

Thanks Lonnie. It's so hard to decide where to move to when you've lived in one place so long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now