Talk

Advanced search

Homework this week is to make a 'hanging basket' out of a small margarine tub. WTF?

(8 Posts)
sandyballs Wed 22-Jun-11 13:05:47

I really need inspiration here. I'm not picturing it all. They have to decorate the outside, fill it with earth and flowers and add rope/ribbon or something. It's too small surely?

Give me maths and english any day.

mollymole Wed 22-Jun-11 13:06:19

sounds simple to me

WhipMeIndiana Wed 22-Jun-11 13:07:18

its a mini hanging basket. youve described what you need to do!

mrsjohnsimm Wed 22-Jun-11 13:08:48

It does seem a bit shallow. TBH I'd go to the garden centre and ask for advice on something that looks pretty but will grow happily in that depth of soil.

ruddynorah Wed 22-Jun-11 13:08:56

Erm that sounds simple. Which bit are you struggling with?

CMOTdibbler Wed 22-Jun-11 13:10:28

Yup, sounds simple to me. A bit of twine round it under the lip with 4 bits going up to hang it from, fill with compost, add some trailing lobelia, violas, and any other small flowers you fancy

SuePurblybilt Wed 22-Jun-11 13:13:11

You need those old Vitalite marg containers, they'd be bigger. Do they still make them I wonder?
If you can't be arsed to buy flowers, small clumps of daisies will transplant happily enough in that depth.
Don't forget a few holes for drainage - I do school gardening and am always amazed at the amount of water children can pour on one plant smile

SuePurblybilt Wed 22-Jun-11 13:13:51

And for decorating the outside - moss or twigs glued on. Easy peasy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now