Talk

Advanced search

Opinions (esp from maths teachers) on MathsGoGoGo

(7 Posts)
IslaValargeone Mon 20-Jun-11 17:13:24

I wondered how many people use these worksheets, and how you find them?
Thanks.

RoadArt Mon 20-Jun-11 20:41:54

Never heard of it, just had a look at site and it doesnt appeal. Too many links to get to what you want. Seems expensive for worksheets.
Not very appealing worksheets. One I opened was very confusing.

Tried a sample lesson but it froze and didnt show anything.

I would have to spend more time on it before making a true judgement but on first link to the site it isnt one that would motivate my children to use.

There are better sites available

RoadArt Mon 20-Jun-11 20:43:23

The video has finally loaded. It is too slow.

sarahfreck Tue 21-Jun-11 13:15:34

I use the worksheets in tutoring. They are well thought out and laid out and cover most of the national curriculum fairly well. I have found that supplementary material is needed for some children in some areas though.

However:

You do not need to pay for a monthly subscription! If you visit Mathsphere here
www.mathsphere.co.uk/products/MathSphereWorksheetsItsAllFiguredOutHomeEdition.htm you can buy the same worksheets on a CD for £20

This would then last your dc the entire primary years!

sarahfreck Tue 21-Jun-11 13:18:04

PS - the CD doesn't have games, but there are lots of free online games for arithmatic basics such as tables that you could use instead.

IslaValargeone Tue 21-Jun-11 16:28:16

Thanks very much, especially Sarahfreck for saving me money! Wondered if I might pick your brains re a question, (ie) how do I do it?
Fred counts his models in groups of 5 and has one left over. He then counts them in groups of 3 and also has one left over. How many does he have?
It's from a year 5 worksheet, but I'm having a thick moment and don't get it blush

sarahfreck Tue 21-Jun-11 19:13:07

I'd guess at year 5, you should do it by trial and error ( though you could also do it algebraically).
So start counting up in 5's
5 then add 1 = 6
does this divide by 3 with 1 remainder - no
10 then add 1 = 11
does this divide by 3 with 1 remainder - no
and so on until you find one that works

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now