Talk

Advanced search

How many shoeboxes does it take to educate a child ?

(8 Posts)
curtaincall Fri 17-Jun-11 12:36:56

Another request for a shoebox from ds' school. Don't need and can't afford any more - any ideas on where can I find one for Monday ?

IndigoBell Fri 17-Jun-11 12:46:11

Maybe a charity shop would have some if people sometimes donate shoes in a box?

Otherwise don't bring one in. It's not the kind of thing most people have lying round their house.......

Or bring in a large cereal box as an alternative......

DeWe Fri 17-Jun-11 12:51:39

Some shoe shops will let you have one someone's not taken. Our Clarks will if you ask them to save one.

scrappydappydoo Fri 17-Jun-11 12:58:02

Yes - ask in a shoe shop. I do the shoeboxes around Christmas and always make up 4 or 5 using shoeboxes free from shoe shops..

betterwhenthesunshines Fri 17-Jun-11 14:03:02

I've previously asked in a shoe shop and they have seemed happy to give them out.

mrz Fri 17-Jun-11 18:17:01

As a teacher I used to regularly collect shoe boxes from my local shoe shop they were happy to get rid of them

Goblinchild Fri 17-Jun-11 18:21:28

Our local Clarks is currently saving shoeboxes for me, I go in three times a week as they aren't supposed to store the empties as it's now considered a fire risk apparently. I'm up to 17 of the right sizeand it's only been a week.
Ancient Egyptian tombs R Us.

curtaincall Sat 18-Jun-11 13:10:48

*Ancient Egyptian tombs R Us.*grin at goblinchild

thanks everyone. DH has just told me he's saved one already! (must remember to consult him before MN in future!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now