Talk

Advanced search

I'm sure it's been done to death, but talk to me about school uniform.

(9 Posts)
Jojay Thu 16-Jun-11 20:53:13

DS starts reception in Sept.

There is a school sweatshirt I will get him so no worries there.

He's quite slim / skinny. Can anyone recommend good school trousers?

He's been wearing the same yellow polo shirts for preschool and I'm happy with the Asda ones I have already, so we'll probably get more of those, but how many of everything do I need?

And what about school shoes? Any recommendations?

Thanks so much - I'm expecting twins in the next month or so, so I'm trying to get sorted now!

LindyHemming Thu 16-Jun-11 21:00:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

anthonytrollopesrevenge Thu 16-Jun-11 21:09:21

M&S adjustables good for my skinny son too. Have got Startrite and Clarkes and both have lasted him a full school year and he is a very active boy.

pfbornot Thu 16-Jun-11 21:13:50

Re how many sets of everything, you need to consider how much washing you are able to get done with newborn twins. I would get 5 sets of uniform in your position because you then have a whole week's worth. It is quite common for reception children to dirty their clothes in some way every single day! I generally use 2 sets of uniform for the week, but I wash stuff every day so I don't need much.

The M&S adjustable trousers are good.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Jun-11 21:14:19

How many you get depends on how often you do the washing and how messy your DS is.

I'd have 5 shirts (except multipacks mean you have to get 6) and 2 or 3 trousers.

mumtoone Thu 16-Jun-11 22:07:20

I can also recommend M&S trousers for slim boys.
I have 3 sweatshirts, 3 trousers and 5 polo shirts which works out fine for us.

blackeyedsusan Thu 16-Jun-11 22:21:24

asda also sell the adjustable waist trousers, but they have a fastening(didn't check which sort)

how many depends on how often you wash... with twins on the way, i would buy 6 polos, 5 jumpers, 5 trousers... going on the state my dd comes home in.... and 2 sets of pe clothes (for when you/dcs are ill over half term) about 20 pairs of socks and pants because the bloody things do disappear...and a couple of packs of vests....

name everything including the pants and vests...

Jojay Thu 16-Jun-11 22:35:04

Thanks for the recommendations - M&S sounds a good place to start. I think I'll get plenty - as you say I'll have enough on my plate without worrying about clean uniforms!

LawrieMarlow Thu 16-Jun-11 23:27:29

I've found Sainsburys trousers good for skinny DS. And lots of polo shirts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: