Talk

Advanced search

Ronald Ross Primary School SW19

(10 Posts)
sassyminder Tue 14-Jun-11 20:16:40

Hello I am just wondering if someone can tell me something about Ronald Ross Primary School in Southfields + cathment area. Thanks

FebreezeYourJeans Wed 15-Jun-11 13:59:05

It used to have a shocker of a reputation! But I'm talking 5 or 6 years ago when I taught in Wandsworth - a lot can change in that time. Have you been in there yet?

sassyminder Wed 15-Jun-11 16:09:50

Hi Febreeze thanks for replying but not sure if you mean shocker as good or bad?? English is not my first language...

FebreezeYourJeans Wed 15-Jun-11 16:57:08

Oh sorry, shocker means dreadful!

sassyminder Wed 15-Jun-11 21:10:44

wow...the latest ofsted report wasnt that bad so now I am even more confused...
Since you used to teach in Wandsworth can you say anything about the following schools?
Albemarle
Sheringdale
Riversdale
St Michaelsa
Our Lady Queen of Heaven
??
Much appreciated

FebreezeYourJeans Wed 15-Jun-11 21:56:21

Do you know where you will be living or are you going to try and move into the catchment area of the school you like best?

(remember my info is at least 5 yrs out of date)

St. Michaels had a reasonably good local reputation.
Our lady always got fantastic results but you had to be a prove practicing catholic to stand a chance.

Have you looked at West Hill?

sassyminder Wed 15-Jun-11 22:02:28

I leave close to RR so my child got a place in there. However I am trying to move since before the results, just triying to find a suitable place.

asha192 Thu 15-Sep-11 22:26:32

I know this a 3 months old thread but did you join your child to RR, i moved in recently and am trying to figure out options...RR was one of my options

mrsmollie Fri 16-Sep-11 15:25:11

I know this school and it has improved hugely over the last few years. In fact, I thought there was a waiting list to get into the school now.
I know people who volunteer in it and the children are certainly making a great deal of progress in a happy, well run school.
Many of the children do not have english as a first language, nor is english spoken at home for some, so they need special help. You should go on a visit to the school. I am sure they would welcome you and show you round and you would get a sense for yourself about what it is like.

asha192 Fri 16-Sep-11 19:59:32

Thanks for your response.

Yes there is a waiting list there and in all the schools that I had opted for...

I hope i do get a seat for my son, it is kind of frustrating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now