Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know Cedar Park Primary in Stoke Bishop Bristol?

(6 Posts)
ApuskiDusky Mon 13-Jun-11 15:03:18

Hi,

We're in the process of relocating to Bristol, and I will need to apply for primaries for my ds at the end of the year. A house for rental has just come up very close to Cedar Park - family houses for rent near good schools are going within a day or two so I don't know if I can organise a school visit, or even if the school would be amenable at this time of year at quite short notice. If we took this house then ds would have to go to Cedar Park, no chance of getting in anywhere else.

Ofsted and website both look great, results look good - but I'd really appreciate any inside info on the feel of the school.

exexpat Tue 14-Jun-11 01:14:47

I think you must mean Stoke Bishop CofE primary? It's certainly a nice, upmarket area round there, but I don't personally know anyone with children at the school.

I'd suggest you sign up for the Bristol section on mumsnet local and repost the question there - you're more likely to be spotted by people who know the school on the local page than on the general primary board.

Runoutofideas Tue 14-Jun-11 07:25:47

Stoke Bishop is a very nice, well regarded school. I have friends who have children there who are very happy. The only problem is though, that it is likely to be full, with a waiting list. If you are applying for reception 2012 and the school is very close, then you should be ok. School places in Bristol are generally a bit of a disaster.

CHST Tue 14-Jun-11 10:46:38

Hi there,
my son will start there September this year. I don't know anyone at the school presently but of course we visited last year. It seems a very caring school with focus on good behaviour which both me and my husband were impressed with. Its intake seems to be wider than other schools in the area despite being "outstanding." However this of course might shrink next year, who knows? Best bet is to get as close to the school you want as possible

ApuskiDusky Tue 14-Jun-11 12:27:59

Thank you all - ds will be starting school in September 2012, so we do have the chance to target houses based on their proximity to a nice school ready for next year's reception intake.

We're going to check out the house tomorrow, plus a couple of others in Henleaze, so fingers crossed one of them is a goer!

I'll check out the Bristol local pages, as I'm bound to need more help as this goes on. Thanks again.

Runoutofideas Tue 14-Jun-11 13:31:15

Worth bearing in mind that to get into Henleaze this year you had to be within 300m of the school..... Good luck with your search!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now