Talk

Advanced search

Grey school uniform moan.... Gah! And Help!

(9 Posts)
MayDayChild Sun 12-Jun-11 20:13:19

PFB starts sept and her uniform is grey with white shirts and tie. Very happy with uniform.
Except nowhere seems to have 100% COTTON grey cardigans. We have eczema sensitive skin.
None at M&S or Next, Mothercare or tesco neither. John Lewis have wrong grey (very light) and too expensive.
Haven't got a Tu nearby.
There is one in asda but frankly it looks like a maternity cardigan and is nasty.
Don't want to spend out on trutex or similar.

Help mumsnet, have you seen any?
And please give me a Gah back in sympathy...

muffinflop Sun 12-Jun-11 20:23:44

Matalan sell them, although they don't appear to have any online at the moment you might be able to get one in store?

PatriciaHolm Sun 12-Jun-11 20:38:39

How about this?

Lilyloo Sun 12-Jun-11 20:42:45

M&S do have grey cardigans here

MayDayChild Sun 12-Jun-11 20:49:10

Lily it's not 100%
Patricia I need 3 and simply can't afford it

I know it's fussy but essential. And so annoying that you can get other colours at all the shops I mentioned. I thought grey was really common!

What about the ASDA scallop edged one (not the swing one )
see here

Ixia Sun 12-Jun-11 22:22:02

Asda have a scallop edged cardi,

direct.asda.com/george/kid-s-clothing/school-clothes/sweatshirt-jumpers/school-cardigan-with-scallop-edge/GEM7599,default,pd.html

But...we have the one that you have labelled a maternity cardigan - DD has worn the same style from reception and it looks v. sweet, v. bodenesque. Tesco also have cotton grey cardis.

www.clothingattesco.com/girls/school-cardigan/invt/ap839005m/&bklist=icat,2,back-to-school

Actually you're lucky to have a choice, 100% cotton uniform has been thin on the ground for the last couple of years. Nobody did cotton trousers last year. This year Tesco has cotton skirts and pinis, M&S has cotton skirts, trousers and cotton mix pinis.

Michaelahpurple Sun 12-Jun-11 23:16:15

Has anyone spotted 100% cotton grey boy's long sleeved school shirts, by any chance. I used stunningly lovely and well priced Next uniform Oxford shirts this year in white and was v disappointed to find they don't do grey for his new school. If you need white or blue, those ones are fantastic - Ralph Lauren fabric and styling for a good price.

fairydoll Sun 12-Jun-11 23:19:08

M& S do them.We have just bought a couple there confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now