Talk

Advanced search

writing year 1

(5 Posts)
tinytears1 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:07:29

My ds is in year 1 and doing pretty well, but teacher would now like him to put more detail into his writing.
I am finding it hard to think of fun ways to help him practice this at home. Has anyone got any ideas? I don't want it to feel like a chore for him.

clemetteattlee Fri 10-Jun-11 10:18:20

At our schoo, they do the "Let's Write" project, but to increase the detail they write in class they send home the topic on a Monday and we are asked to talk about it with them. So, for example, they were writing about caterpillars on Fiday so we were encouraged to talk to them about caterpillars through the week so they had lots of ideas. Ot was therefore less about doing more writing, and more about writing interesting things.

curtaincall Fri 10-Jun-11 10:51:59

When ds was ill, he reproduced from memory what he would have been doing at school and drew on a piece of paper designed a notice board detailing each event and what that would involve.

loosinas Fri 10-Jun-11 12:05:24

had a browse through this the other day and has some great tips - no doubt available on amazon also x

loosinas Fri 10-Jun-11 12:06:01

oh the link would have helped sorry !
http://www.usborne.com/catalogue/catalogue.aspx?id=5161

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: