Talk

Advanced search

When do you buy school uniforms? Is June too soon?

(14 Posts)
barbie007 Wed 08-Jun-11 20:34:15

Hi
DS is starting secondary school in September and he'll have to wear a uniform for the first time as his primary school doesn't have one.

We'll be away pretty much the whole summer and I was wondering if I buy his uniform at the end of June won't he grow by the time school starts in September? Should I buy stufff that's a bit bigger? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I'm new to this uniform thing

DeWe Wed 08-Jun-11 20:44:05

If you leave it all till September you may struggle to get the right size. I'd get it now.

CroissantNeuf Wed 08-Jun-11 20:47:58

Funnily enough I bought some school trousers today for DS in the next size up ready for Sept.

I usually leave it for the month before but find that they've always run out of whatever size I need so thought I'd get them today as I happened to see they had lots in stock.

DD starts secondary school in September and I intend to start getting her things soon partly to spread the cost as most of it has to be school issue with the badge on etc.

barbie007 Thu 09-Jun-11 11:49:54

Thanks for that. Yes, I think I'll go shopping asap and just but one size up as he seems to be getting bigger each week

LaCerbiatta Thu 09-Jun-11 11:51:18

M&S will probably have a 2 for 3 offer soon. I think they may have 20 or 25% off at the moment.

barbie007 Thu 09-Jun-11 19:29:37

thanks tuga, will check it out

dikkertjedap Thu 09-Jun-11 20:09:08

I would buy everything except shoes now.

EldonAve Thu 09-Jun-11 20:10:30

buy now

Bohica Thu 09-Jun-11 20:12:33

Do buy it now, you will struggle if you leave it till August. There are some really good deals on at the minute as well.

TheProvincialLady Thu 09-Jun-11 20:14:34

Does the same go for primary aged children? DS1 starts school in September. Though the school still haven't sent a uniform list.

woolleybear Thu 09-Jun-11 20:19:12

I am buying for dd starting primary school now, starting at the second hand uniform sale next week! Its the only one this term and am really hoping she doesn't grow too much over the summer!

EldonAve Thu 09-Jun-11 20:59:07

yes buy primary now too
as soon as you know what you need
it is all out of stock by Sept

TheProvincialLady Thu 09-Jun-11 21:50:28

OK thanks, I will do that. I'm glad I saw this as I would have left it until August in case he had a growth spurt.

Taffeta Thu 09-Jun-11 21:54:13

Buy It Now. I have bought in the M and S 20 percent off sale, all the uniform mine will need til the end of the year. Just buy a slightly bigger size, it doesn't matter if its roomy, as long as it had adjustable waist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now