Talk

Advanced search

Is this too much for year 3

(8 Posts)
wild84 Tue 07-Jun-11 17:57:45

Ds is in year 3 and had the following items of homework for half term. Spelling, comprehension, maths and creative task. I say that's too much. What do you think.

mrz Tue 07-Jun-11 18:00:23

I suppose it depends how long each piece took to complete. Personally I think holidays should be homework free

ScoobyDoosMum Tue 07-Jun-11 18:02:07

I think that teachers (and I am one) should not set holiday homework at all so yes, I think far too much.

Mum2be79 Tue 07-Jun-11 20:53:00

ScoobyDoosmum

I too am a teacher and I make sure holidays are homework free. Holidays should be spent running wild in fields and climbing trees!

Lonnie Tue 07-Jun-11 21:38:24

I have dd3 in year 2 she had no home work

ds in year 4 he had no home work

dd2 in year 6 had to write 1 paragraph about history period they were covering.

imo the school had it spot on and I will also say had mine shown with that list it wouldnt have been found until Sunday and a note would have been send in saying sorry we didnt have the time to do this...

Galdos Tue 07-Jun-11 22:05:33

D in year 2 had a homework project which took me over an hour, and her several hours to write up. Her twin b in the same school but different class had nothing. I agree that homework for holidays for Yrs 2 and 3 is unhelpful, to say the least. OK to practise writing reading and numbers, but to start instilling a fear and hatred of homework at this age is counter-productive.

Collision Tue 07-Jun-11 22:14:18

I think it is fine to have homework during the holidays and wish mine had had some to do.

mumtoone Tue 07-Jun-11 22:16:36

DS in year 2 had maths and reading comprehension. It wasn't too much of a chore to get it done as we were around in half term but it would have been a pain if we had gone on holiday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: