Talk

Advanced search

Attainment levels, Subject area? any teachers out there who can help?

(11 Posts)
Marne Tue 07-Jun-11 17:46:11

Hi, my dd2 is in reception and has a statement (she has ASD and severe language delay), before half term we had her statement review, today i recieved the reoprt, in section 5 there is a table named: Atainment, in one colum is the subject area, and the other colums say what level dd2 was working at on entry, in nov 10 and in April 11. Now the subbject are just a load of letters to me (PSED DA, CLL LCT, MD C, ect...ect...), now this does not meen anything to me, how do i find out what the subject are in non-teacher terms? Also what level should a 4-5 year old be working at?

mrz Tue 07-Jun-11 17:51:57

PSED Personal Social Emotional Development
DA Dispositions and Attitudes
CLL Communication Language and Literacy
LCT Language for Communication and Thinking
MD (was Mathematical Development but has been replaced with PSRN Problem solving Reasoning and numeracy)
C creative PD Physical development
KUW Knowledge and Understanding of the World

A 4-5 year old could be working at anywhere from 0-9 (most children will be around the 6)

Goblinchild Tue 07-Jun-11 17:56:01

This is the site you need.
nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/site/requirements/learning/goals.htm
It explains the acronyms, CLL is Communication, language and Literacy for example.
There are 9 points for each area of EY learning, the average child will get about 6 of them. Very able may score higher in one or more areas.
The first three points in any of the learning areas have to be achieved before any of the others are able to be scored.
There's bound to be someone else along soon who knows a lot more, I'm a Y6 teacher.

Goblinchild Tue 07-Jun-11 17:56:39

'There's bound to be someone else along soon who knows a lot mor'

And lo, she appears! smile

Marne Tue 07-Jun-11 17:58:35

thank you mrz, seems like her social skills are a level 1 sad, language skills are 2 (as expected) but her maths skills are a 7 and writing a 5, so i guess this is normal(ish) for a child with ASD?

mrz Tue 07-Jun-11 18:05:58

It's a very common pattern for many children with ASD.
Social Development (as measured by the profile) can be delayed as can Language for communication.

'Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's life believing it is stupid' Einstein

Marne Tue 07-Jun-11 18:11:03

At least she has made progress sinse entry (scored 0's and 1's in all areas), she is doing better than we ever expected.

Love the quote mrz smile

sarahfreck Wed 08-Jun-11 17:40:45

If she scored 0s and 1's on entry she has done very well indeed in maths and writing

vegasmum Wed 08-Jun-11 17:52:41

Message withdrawn

mrz Wed 08-Jun-11 17:55:58

You should be provided with a summary of her profile and you have the right to request to see the actual profile (some schools sent it out as a report )

vegasmum Wed 08-Jun-11 17:59:44

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now