Talk

Advanced search

Schools Esher/ Cobham

(6 Posts)
mable100 Sat 04-Jun-11 19:47:34

I am moving to Esher and am torn between two very good schools - Rowan in Claygate and Notre Dame in Cobham. Both were very impressive on our tours but I'm wondering if the school run from Esher to Cobham would be impossible in the mornings ? I would be delighted with any advice on either of these options.

daisysue2 Sat 04-Jun-11 23:33:28

My dd goes to ND and it depends really on where you live in Esher but it's not too bad. Straight down the Portsmouth Road and over the A3 or you can go down the dual carriageway to Walton and go along Burwood Road and then Seven Hills. I would say that ND is the most amazing school. We moved from Feltonfleet and have found ND to be great especially the pastoral care. Also there is a good mix of girls and as there are three classes from y3 there is a bigger choice for friendship groups, and better sporting opportunities.

mable100 Sun 05-Jun-11 10:02:15

Thanks so much for replying. We were extremely impressed by Mr. Plummer and his vision for the school. We will be living the Sandown side so I imagine getting through the town and past the American school could be an issue. What do you think worst case scenario time wise could be ?

daisysue2 Sun 05-Jun-11 12:01:55

If you are Sandown side it is much easier as you can avoid coming through Esher. You could come down the dual carriageway towards Walton then turn down Burhill Road and then Seven Hills. Normally Seven hills is the only place there is traffic so the run in bad traffic would be 20 mins but 10/12 mins without. pp me if you want any other info.

Cst22 Tue 12-Jul-11 14:26:42

My daughter went to Rowan prep and is now at Notre Dame senior School. Rowan is outstanding. I only wish they had a senior school as the ND experience has been disappointing by comparison

Manzana17 Sat 08-Feb-14 17:10:42

Are you still happy with ND?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now