Talk

Advanced search

Everyone's Admission Appeals Results

(8 Posts)
mummy22gorgeousboys Fri 03-Jun-11 08:17:11

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had their appeal heard yet and what the results were?

I have my primary school admission appeal next week and keep imagining a really stern panel and it all being very formal.

What was your experience like and any tips?

Thanks!

admission Fri 03-Jun-11 16:58:47

The panels have to be formal to an extent because of the legal requirements to follow a set procedure but most panels are friendly, though I have to accept that some do get a bit to formal and stern.
The best advice as an appealant is to be yourself and to take a brief set of notes outlining what you want to say that you can refer to. You need to make sure you say everything that you want to say and don't be embarassed to say it. Don't also be put off by wondering whether to say something because it is either personal or you think it is confidential, panels will have heard many confidential and worrying details but they stay within the confines of the appeal panel.

mummy22gorgeousboys Fri 03-Jun-11 19:39:40

Thanks very much for the advice admission. I am nervous as I'm going on my own, my husband has exams at work next week and everyone I know is working or has kids to look after.

I'll be 38 weeks pregnant next week and have to admit I'm suffering from 'baby brain', so notes are a good idea.

Many thanks.

musey Fri 03-Jun-11 20:35:45

I have my appeal date now (OMG!!), its the last week of June and will share results/experiences in case I can help others.

admission Sat 04-Jun-11 21:13:57

mummy,
please be careful not to exert yourself too much at the appeal! I am sure that the panel will have some paper handkerchiefs handy for tears but a baby delivery situation may be a bit beyond them! grin

mummy22gorgeousboys Sun 05-Jun-11 10:44:52

Admission,
I have sent you a message, if you could give me your opinion I would really appreciate it? Thanks.

Rowgtfc72 Mon 06-Jun-11 18:52:51

We had our appeal last Friday but didnt attend as it was going to be a bit of a foregone conclusion! Got the results today, didnt get in and have gone from sixth to seventh on the waiting list. Have taken dd off the waiting list now as I dont want to start her at a school and then have to move her and man at education authority said not much chance of posistion changing! Dd, however, is very excited at the thought of a new school, uniform and most of all a lollipop lady so all turned out well in the end. Hope everyone else has a favourable result whichever way it goes .

chopchopquick Mon 13-Jun-11 20:53:09

We had our appeal today and have written a few more details on "appeals, am I reading this wrong?".

However I fear we knew the answer before we even stepped in the room.

7-10 days to wait!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: