Talk

Advanced search

primary schools in west Cheshunt

(7 Posts)
rumby Tue 31-May-11 17:50:37

Hi folks,
Does anyone live in the West Cheshunt area of Hertfordshire that has sent their child to Andrews Lane or Fairfields Primary School ? Please let me know what you thought of these schools .
We live closest to Andrews Lane and 0.5 miles from Fairfields . Does anyone know how close you need to live to Fairfields to qualify to get a place there ?

Sorry for all the questions , I just can't work out what's the best thing to do .

Any advice much appreciated

chopchopquick Tue 31-May-11 18:12:32

Hi Rumby

I have friends that have children at Fairfields and they highly recommend it, the children are very happy there all round.

I can't comment on Andrew's Lane as I don't have any connection with it.

Have you been offered both schools?

rumby Tue 31-May-11 18:24:13

Thanks chopchopquick, (loving your nickname BTW !),

Nah, my little one is only 2 and a half and has been offered a place in both pre-schools ....

chopchopquick Tue 31-May-11 18:31:26

Chopchop as I am always in a hurry lol.

That's fab news. At primary school level I think Fairfields is very over subscribed so just as a word of warning the pre-schoolers/nursery children don't always get into the school. Wasn't meaning to be negative but worth bearing in mind. Of course everything could work out fine and I hope it does.

rumby Tue 31-May-11 23:52:50

Thanks chop chop , yep I knew that the preschool does not in any way guarantee a place in the primary at fairfields . Fingers crossed (and everything else! ) that she might be lucky and get a place smile

teacherwith2kids Wed 01-Jun-11 10:45:26

From the document here
http://www.hertsdirect.org/docs/pdf/u/priotrpt2011.pdf
for admission this year, the maximum admission distance from Fairfields for somneone who was not a sibling and for whom it was not the closest school was 470 metres (so if you live 0.5 miles away that would not have included you).

rumby Wed 08-Jun-11 12:24:48

Thanks teacher , ... so does that mean I should not even bother to consider putting Fairfields as an option ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: