Talk

Advanced search

Feedback wanted on Merton Abbey Primary School SW19

(4 Posts)
TG40 Sat 28-May-11 00:22:36

Hi

My son has been allocated a reception place at Merton Abbey Primary School in September, as he did not get a place in the school where he goes to nursery.

Can any one give me any feedback on the school? I have looked at the Ofsted report and the league tables but would like some feed back from parents of children that actually attend the school.

I am so nervous about him going to full-time school and would really appreciate if someone would take the time to reply to this! confused

WomanwiththeYellowHat Sun 29-May-11 21:04:57

Bumping for you - I used to live really close to this school but didn't know much about it. I know that it didn't have a great reputation locally BUT our neighbours' kids went there for a couple of years (til they moved - he was a doctor and kept getting posted to new places) and really loved it. Another neighbour went to look at it and really liked the head (this was a couple of years ago so not usre if it is still the same head?).

Hope that helps a little!

TG40 Sun 29-May-11 22:44:27

DorasBackpack, thanks so much for this. Yes it really does help thank you. I am aware of the 'bad reputation' it has so it is great to get some good feedback. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my post, I really appreciate it. Have a great bank holiday weekend.

WomanwiththeYellowHat Mon 30-May-11 20:36:57

TG40 - no problem! One other thing. I know that the Couuncil has now released a whole load of extra places at Dundonald and that there is still quite a bit of movement in the primary places in Merton from my friends who are still there.

I wasn't going to say it before, as I didnt want you to think I was saying you 'should' try to change, if you see what I mean, but, if you wanted to , I do think it would be worth contacting the Council? That said, I am sure from my friend's experience, that Merton Abbey is a lovely school, and I think that the massive pressure on school places will have a particularly positive effect on schools that people might not have chosen in the past, if that makes sense?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now