Talk

Advanced search

Gift's for Teachers

(10 Posts)
leiela Thu 26-May-11 16:19:50

I have just won a place at my chosen secondary school and this was partly due to the wonderful help and support of a member of staff at my son's current school.

My son has ASD and this teacher has pretty much been a rock for me and my family over the years without him my son would never have gotten though primary son the well adjusted boy he is or been diagnosed with ASD.

I can't begin to discribe the amount of effort and work this wonderful man has done for my child.....

I want to get him a gift to show him just how thankful we all are for everything he has done for us over the years.

Any idea's?? I don't want the same old stuff that 300 other parents will get for him... i know teachers get swamped with no 1 teacher mugs and the like.

He's very good with the children in the whole school everyone loves him and he's always giving the kids challenges and prizes my kids totally adore him. Like atm he gives them a word each day and the first child to find the definition get's a polo mint... silly i know but the kids love it and my kids are always racing home to google the answer to whatever the challenge of the day was. So i was thinking perhaps something that could be used to help or continue his daily challenges long after my son go's up to the big school???

Any idea's?? or Teachers what would you like??

P.S I don't mind spending a fair bit of cash... honestly this man has been a blessing in the life of my son.

HappyMummyOfOne Thu 26-May-11 18:15:38

Could you make up a box of prizes for him with small toys, stickers, stationary etc - he probably buys the prizes for himself and would appreciate this.

MmeBlueberry Thu 26-May-11 18:30:49

How much do you want to spend? You are obviously very passionate about what he has helped your DS achieve smile

leiela Thu 26-May-11 19:18:35

I'm very open to how much i spend. £50 ish is perfectly acceptable.. but will go higher if the the gift is right.

If you saw my son before he met this man, then saw him now you would not belive it was the same child.

I owe him ALOT!!! and no amount of money could ever re-pay what he's done for us, mostly i just want him to know how much his help and support has ment to us, picking up something off standard gift section in the super market doens't seem to enough.

posey Thu 26-May-11 19:34:27

Apart from the present, I would also write him a thank you letter. Something he could read again when he's had a bad day and wonders why he's doing it all. I wrote a letter to dd's year 6 teacher as she left the school and she told me afterwards how touched she was. She is a fab teacher and has a great reputation, but as I've got to know her over the years I've found she has self doubt like anyone else. People are so quick to put in writing complaints but not so quick with the compliments.

And regarding the present, do you know any other members of staff that know him well that you could ask? He may have an expensive hobby or similar that you could contribute to eg a golfing shirt or something for the garden.

Jezabelle Thu 26-May-11 21:56:14

What about a voucher for zorbing/driving a rally car/white water rafting or something? Wrapped up with a year's supply of polos!

mungogerry Thu 26-May-11 22:24:46

Do you know much about him personally - as in his likes for a band/theatre/sports team etc - a ticket for something you know he would love would be a lovely gift. Would a colleauge of his know?

He sounds fab, by the way.

Kat1111 Mon 06-Jun-11 01:05:07

How about tickets to a comedy club?

Runoutofideas Mon 06-Jun-11 12:24:14

Has he got space for a tree? Just thought it might be nice for him to watch something grow and develop and think of your ds. From little acorns....... - Or is that to sentimental?

Runoutofideas Mon 06-Jun-11 12:33:09

"too" even

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: